Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I, Me, My, Myself, Mine

What I have noticed from Sarath Fonseka's interviews and public speeches is that he is his extreme individualism. That was the most worrying factor when I was considering voting Sarath Fonseka for presidency.  He is untested as a politician.  He is already showing that in his 1 month old career.  Ranil Wickramasinghe is a better option that Sarath Fonseka.

This is one of the comment he made.


ප්‍රශ්නය - ද්‍රවිඩ ඡන්ද පදනම පිළිබඳව ඔබේ ස්‌ථාවරය මොකක්‌ද? ඔබ විශ්වාස කරනවද ඔබට ද්‍රවිඩ ඡන්ද හිමිවන බවක්‌.

පිළිතුර - ද්‍රවිඩ ජනතාව මා වෙනුවෙන් ඡන්දය භාවිත කරයි කියලා මම විශ්වාස කරනවා. දෙමළ ජනතාව ත්‍රස්‌තවාදී ග්‍රහණයෙන් මුදවා ගත්තේ මම. මගේ සැලසුම්, මගේ හමුදාව, මම අණ දුන් හමුදාව, මමයි සටන් මෙහෙයුවේ. නාවික, ගුවන්, පොලිස්‌, සිවිල් ආරක්‌ෂක බළකාය සහයෝගය ලබා දුන්නත් වැඩිම කැපවීම කළේ හමුදාව බව හැමෝම දන්නවා. ද්‍රවිඩ ජනතාව ඒ ගැන කල්පනා කළොත් ඒ අය මට ඡන්දය දෙන බව මම විශ්වාස කරනවා.


---Sarath Fonseka Sunday Divaina--


Count how many I, me, my Myself in this answer. This is similar characteristics in almost all his talks.


I recently read an article by writer Malinda Seneviratne (malinsene@gmail.com) about this feature.  I will quote one paragraph here.



Sarath Fonseka, bowling from the Sarath Fonseka Pavilion end, passes Umpire Sarath Fonseka to bowl to Sarath Fonseka. Sarath Fonseka takes it on the half-volley and drives it past a diving Sarath Fonseka fielding at Cover Point. Sarath Fonseke runs across from wide mid-off to stop the ball inches before it reaches the boundary, collects and sends in a perfect return to Wicket Keeper Sarath Fonseka who whips the bails off. It is a close call and Leg Umpire Sarath Fonseka refers the matter to third umpire Sarath Fonseka who declares that Sarath Fonseka has just made his ground. This leads to words being exchanged between Wicket Keeper Sarath Fonseka and Sarath Fonseka the batsman. Fisticuffs ensure and play is held up and Match Referee Sarath Fonseka is called on to arbitrate.

You can Read the article here.

You know how Sarath Fonseka screwed up by wanting to own all good stuff and give bad stuff to Gota. That backfired in two ways. In the first, People start saying that Sarath Fonseka betrayed the Army and Sri Lanka. In the other, it gave the impression that Gota is the commander.  Yesterday he said it is a misinterpretation. But today I read in AdaDerana that Frederica Jansz has said she has not misquoted General Fonseka at any stage. 


3 comments:

Gamarala said...

he may be unfit; if the test is to see how much he stole or cheated.

for once we have a candidate who has not been corrupt and who delivered on the promises he made

how do the existing politicos measure up to a real man?

Anonymous said...

Judging from the amount of posters, cut outs and media advertisements, MR is also playing the same game. Sadly, we the tax payers are the ones footing the bill for MR's game!

Mahasen Bandaragama said...

I supported and voted for Ranil in 2005. I did not even dreamt about the war would be finished and Prabha would be killed. (I am not ashamed to say this.) I did not like war so I supported Ranil in 2005.

But this time Ranil does not have balls to come to the election. I do not like JVP specially. I do not trust Sarath Fonseka as a political leader.

So this time I am supporting Mahinda. (Since there is no better candidate)